Monday, October 13, 2008

At last some sewing ...

Vera has a lovely new dress. It's made from Vogue 9668. I've mixed two views, using the top from B and the skirt from C. I originally wanted to do B, the halter style with the fuller skirt, but the fabric has a strong border and it couldn't be cut diagonally without looking silly. Then I tried to do a gathered dirndl skirt but it just looked silly. So I did the straight skirt.

It looks a little like an apron in this picture as Vera is not the same shape as me. I have bigger hips and my boob area seems to be shaped differently. On me it actually looks a little 50's bombshell as it is rather ... fitted.

It's completely lined and I used a method for the skirt that means there is no hem - I guess it's a bagged lining for a dress. First time I've done it and it seems to work very well. I am planning a little bolero/jacket thing to wear as halterneck dresses are great outdoors, but a little cool in airconditioning.

I have made other things recently, but they've all been crappy so I am not bothering with showing them to anyone. I should have more sewing complete this coming weekend ... at least that's the plan ...