I've been a little remiss in posting in recent weeks. I've actually sewn quite a few garments, but some of them were gifts and bloke sewing that I forgot to photograph before I mailed, so you just have to take my word for it.
I'm keen to rid my stash of remnants, so I'm concentrating on TNTs for the sake of expedience. When I sewed my SWAP earlier in the year I bought 3metres of purple stretch denim for about $3 a metre. I made jeans for my SWAP but had loads left and it was on my hit list this week.
The second garment is BWOF 07-09-113 shorts. The original pattern has a cuff, but I decided not to cuff mine as I have a lot of shorts with this detail already.
SWAP garment and I show the inside here for StephC, as she said she wants to see the inside of bloggers' garments :). The overlocking thread looks quite pale, but in real life it is a similar lavender to the fabric. The button is also a better match than it appears here and is one of those odd buttons I got in a jar from the op shop many years ago. I really get a kick out of using odd old buttons in this way. I think they have a life of their own, a bit like the violin in the film Red Violin.
I'm always pleased to make free garments and I already have a few outfits planned with these two. I'm not sure what is up next, but for now I'm going to make a batch of green curry paste and then some chocolate chip cookies.