Going dotty...

I seem to have given up on my SWAP sewing because this weeks garments don't go with anything I've sewn so far.  In dredging through my sewing room the other day I came across an inspiration picture I ripped out of a magazine a couple of years ago.  The spots on the original dress were bigger but I had fabric in my stash and a pattern that approximated the one in the picture and I was in the mood for combining the two, so this jumped to the head of the queue.


The dress is M6699 which is apparently now OOP.  I made this dress the Christmas before last out of a retro Christmas print (and never blogged) and it just needed a little tuck taken in the neckline as the shoulders were a little wide for me and I left off the pockets and silly contrast on the vent, but otherwise I made it as per the pattern.  I cut a 10 on top graded to a 12 at the hips.  McCalls aren't a great fit for my shape, but this works out OK.




















I lined this with whatever I could find in my stash and I kinda like the way the inside looks, so here is a gratuitous lining shot, just because it makes me smile.





















I take great delight in getting extra garments out of my leftovers and I found I had enough to squeeze out a top made from V1100, which I think is still in print, which surprises me as it's been in my collection for at least 5 years.  I've made this as dress at least four times, but never as a top.  Vogue patterns fit me quite well, straight out of the pack and I always start with a 10 on top grading to a 12 at the hips.  I've lined it with some leftover white bemberg, but the inside looks terrible, so no pics of this one!


Comments

Faye Lewis said…
Gorgeous dress. I never would have noticed that top in the pattern, but love it.
Anonymous said…
I love red. And dots. Double score in my book!
Sharon said…
Polka dots and red perfect combination and you are not the only one not sewing SWAP this year.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up