Very slow progress ...

My brown jacket seems to be taking an age. This weekend I managed to finish the bound buttonholes and this evening I part-way wrestled the lining in. I'm going to walk away from this for a few days because it is causing me no end of grief.
You can't really tell from this shot, but the sleeves are not sitting as I would like them to. The sateen was very difficult to ease, even after a heavy steam over the end of the pressing ham. On top of that, it creases every time I look at it, so the action of putting in the button holes has made it looked like it's been screwed up on the floor for a week. I haven't put the shoulder pads in yet because I'm not happy with the ones I have and I need to find some better ones.

I love this lining, it's a poly satin with a black, white and brown geometric print and I have enough left for a top. I've only part stitched it in, because I am tired, it was fraying and a pot of osso bucco was calling from the kitchen. I still have the hems to do and stitch down the facing to the bound buttonholes. I changed my mind about the buttons but I forgot to photograph them but you will see them when this is finished.

I'm thinking of joining the Chanel coat sew along. This time I'll choose a pattern WITH a lining, instead of drafting one myself for an unlined jacket ...

Comments

Gail said…
This jacket is coming on fine. Love the colour. You must join the sew along - it is growing like topsy. All from a throw away comment I sent to Antoinette!
Shannon said…
I've had those moments myself - the kind where you're so frustrated you simply must walk away for a while! I'm sure when you pick it back up, the jacket will look great!
Meg said…
Yes, hang in there, it's looking great so far.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up