This is Go Patterns 4001 dress that was very popular several years ago. When I first got this pattern I made three versions in various fabrics, including one for the very first SWAP I ever entered. I liked the dress, but thought I needed to lengthen the bodice by a couple of centimetres. I avoided doing it because it meant lengthing six different pieces and I was too lazy and it's sat, untouched for years. With the theme of this SWAP being all about getting good basic patterns that fit, I decided to tackle this little task once and for all. As it turned out, I needn't have bothered. Long story short, I changed back to the original pattern and made this dress. You can't see it with this busy fabric, but the pocket detail is lovely.
There is a lovely dart in the pocket piece that matches up with the seam of the pocket so you never see it. For me and my shape, this is the perfect sheath dress. I like the waist definition and I like the way the princess seam curves down into the pocket. The neckline is flattering and the arm holes are cut away slightly to accentuate the shoulders. I am thrilled to rediscover such a great classic pattern in my collection and I'm even more excited to have sewn 6 or the 11 SWAP garments!