I altered my favourite Burda skinny jeans pattern by guess work this weekend. I tried on three pairs I've previously made from this pattern and assessed where I needed to tweak. It was all in the rear, so I slashed and spread the yoke and the back by what I hoped was the right amount. I muslined in some fabric with slightly less stretch than the stretch denim I've bought and with that in mind, guessed once again about the final amount I needed to adjust. That brought me to Sunday lunchtime when I talked myself out of cutting the real fabric.
Because I've been head down in SWAP for some months now, I haven't really been looking at what I want to sew next, so there was nothing screaming at me from the sewing queue, or at least nothing I could achieve in a day, so my eyes shifted to the UFO's.
This shawl collar jacket is made from more of the Vera Wang wool I bought a few years ago. This may show as purple in the picture, but it is red and blue woven together with flecks of yellow, orange and purple throughout. The pattern is a free one that came with Sew Essential magazine I bought two years ago.
I didn't interface the fabric and it's loose weave means this has more of a cardigan feel. I've lined it with red bemberg. I'm undecided about the buttons, so I've left it on Vera overnight so I can think about whether or not to use this red ones. I'll have to handsew the buttonholes because I can't get all the layers under the presser foot of my machine.
This coming weekend is another long one here in Tasmania (we get three more each year than I was used to in NSW) so I plan to spend the whole of it working on my jeans. I need to decide on topstitching thread and pocket design so I'll be stalking some blogs for ideas ...