This time a practical skirt ...

This is V8426 and I've made this at least five times now in various views.  When I bought this pattern many years ago I never expected it to become a much loved TNT, but it has.  It's purely a work pattern; I don't wear skirts this long outside of work.

The great thing about this skirt for work is that it allows me to be covered and professional, but is still form fitting and feminine enough to still have a slightly flirty feel that stops me feeling frumpy.


Unfortunately this hasn't photographed well, so it looks lumpy and wrinkled, but I promise it looks better on me.  In keeping with my stash busting, this is made from a scrap of mustard doubleknit that I bought at the op shop for $3 about 5 years ago.  I'm loving mustard and black at the moment, so this will be worn to work tomorrow with a black long sleeve t and black boots.

Comments

prttynpnk said…
This shape is so lovely! I am a big zebra fan, but this one is such a great color.....
Marie said…
Wonderful skirt. I wasn't expecting the back detail. It sounds comfortable being made from a doubleknit.
Texan said…
The the more fitted front and then surprise back detail! Really pretty!
Faye Lewis said…
Haven't used it yet, but I have that pattern and love it. Love that mustard color.
Monica D said…
Well done! I eyed that patterns a few times but haven't purchased it....hmmm I am thinking :)
Gail said…
This skirt is a definite winner. I have piece of mustard double knit in my stash that is screaming 'sew me'
gwensews said…
That's a very pretty skirt. I love, love, love the color. Gorgeous. And, your zebra print skirt is awesome.
Yay for stashbusting! The shape and seaming on that skirt are great.
Carolyn said…
This is a lovely skirt, I really like the shape at the back! i can imagine it looking terrific with a black top and black boots :)
velosews said…
I love this pattern too. I've just made it up again and I know why you love it. It's great in mustard and I find it's comfortable to wear at work too.
Anonymous said…
Oooh nice colour and the pattern's cool as well. I used to have that pattern, I made it up once (for my second skirt ever) and it didn't work out too well so I gave up and gave the pattern away XD

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up