I have a sewing queue about 500 garments long, so instead of sewing anything I already have planned I made this top. It's BWOF 03-07-120 lengthened by 5cm as I wanted to wear this over leggings. The blue broderie anglaise is leftover from one of the first Burda dresses I ever sewed way back in 2002. The dress is long gone (poorly made and bad fit) but this good size chunk of fabric has been in my stash ever since.
If you follow the link to the line drawing, you will see that the hemline is curved but I wanted to use the edge of the fabric as the hem so the sides dip down when worn, which I like and have tops that were made that way. The broderie is very sheer and I lined the original dress with a matching blue poplin. For this top I lined to top half only and left the bottom unlined, which will be perfect for a sub-tropical summer. The top in the magazine had two lengths of ribbon stitched under the bust for decoration and as I had a small piece of the border left I decided to sew that into the seam. All things considered I am very pleased with this top, which is essentially a free garment (the thread was leftover, too).