I've just completed another dress for Vera from the fantastic Go Patterns 4001 dress. This is the second time I've made it. Last time was in orange and gold poly satin This time I've made it in a day fabric, in fact a piece of grey and black striped cotton blend loosely woven something or other that I picked up at an op shop for $4 (and I still have plenty to make a blouse). I had a recycled invisible zip in my stash and the white poly lining I used came from a 10metre length I bought a few weeks ago for about $2 a metre. The grey thread I had in my stash (that is a perfect match) came from a plastic bag of about six half used reels of mixed colours that I bought at an op shop for 50c. All in all, the dress cost me around $5.
I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out and was pleasantly surprised to see that the stripes matched up and I didn't even try!
Here's a picture of me wearing it with a pair of favourite black slingbacks and a little cropped cardigan that has become a fast favourite this spring. It's really hard to take a decent picture of yourself in the mirror, but at least it gives you an idea of how it looks. I've tried it with red shoes and cardigan as well, but I couldn't get a decent picture at all, so I gave up. In this picture you can also see the mirror is part of a beautiful vintage wardrobe that I bought recently for $90 (it's around 1930's) and restored to use as a linen press in my bathroom. Sorry about the mess in the background.
That's all for now. I'm back off down to my sewing room to finish planning my SWAP. Watch out for a post outlining my plans ...