SWAP 2009

Foolishly or not, I've decided to have a go at a real life, full on SWAP. That means I need to make eleven garments between now and April 30 next year. As I didn't realise this was happening until last Friday, my plans are only half baked, but here they are any way.


I need to make the following;

1 jacket or coat

4 bottoms

6 tops


They all must suit a week in my real life. Here's what I propose;


1 jacket made from a lovely spring tweed purchased from Fashionista Fabrics. I have a few ideas for this one, but will probably go for Kwik Sew 3334.


I'll make a skirt in the same tweed from an old Vogue Claude Montana pattern I found at the op shop for 20c. It has a nicely tapered skirt, rather than straight, which seems a little more flattering. I may also make an a line or box pleat skirt from a very old New Look pattern that I have made to death. Depends on what fabric I find - I'm thinking orange.


I'll definitely make a denim skirt from BWOF 1-2008-109.


I'll definitely make jeans from an as yet undetermined pattern.


I'll probably make a pair of Vogue Alice and Olivia pants from a caramel stretch sateen ($4 at the op shop).


Tops are undecided. Most likely I'll get BWOF 1-2008-108 in there somewhere, although I may lose the puff sleeves and do regular ones. I have a whole pile of patterns for tops and blouses that I'll audition in the coming weeks.


In the meantime, here is my very rudimentary story board so far ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up