Glad to see the back of this year ...

I don't have any pictures of my dress or current sewing to show today. Two close deaths this past week have rendered me incapable of much at all. My mother passed away just before Christmas and my oldest and dearest friend, who was closer than any family member, died this past Monday.

I do have pictures of the finished dress and the therapeutic sewing I've been doing, but right now I can't be arsed plugging the camera in and uploading. It's hot and humid and I'm too weary, so you'll have to wait until next year.

Happy New Year to anyone who might read this. I look forward to a bright and happy 2009 and wish you all the same.

Comments

cidell said…
Oh Carol. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope 2009 brings you comfort.
kbenco said…
Carol, I am sorry to hear of your losses. Please accept my condolences.
Karen
I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a bad time. My thoughts are with you.
Dei said…
You've had a tough go these past few weeks. Losing a parent is one of the hardest losses to bear. Condolences to you and your family.
Susan said…
Hang in there and take all the time you need as you grieve your losses. You are in my prayers.
Elaray said…
Please accept my condolences for your losses. I'll keep you in prayer.
Rubydarling said…
I'm so sorry to hear about your recent loses. I really hope get more positive for you soon. I really enjoy reading your blog.
Ambitious Sewer said…
Sorry to hear of your lost. I pray through these hard times...that God will provide you the strength and compassion to carry you through.
Diana said…
What sad events and during the Christmas season too. I'm so sorry for your losses.I hope 2009 will be kind to you.
Vicki said…
What sad news! Wishing you a better 2009.
Melodye said…
Hoping 2009 is a better year.
jockamo said…
Carol: I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you. I really need to quit bitching about my miniscule problems.

love,
Jock

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up