Pause for thought ...

Whilst I haven't actually gotten around to sewing anything in 2010, I have been working. I spent the best part of two days cutting out fabrics, linings and interfacings. These boxes contain the remaining nine garments from Grant's SWAP and the first three of my SWAP, as well as two ring in garments which I managed to squeeze out and I thought I might as well cut whilst the fabric was on the table. I must have bought the magic 3 yards of black and white tweed from Gorgeous Fabrics because I managed to get a sheath dress, a jacket and a pencil skirt from this one length and I actually have enough left to make a handbag. I purchased all of the thread and notions yesterday. As my overlocker is currently threaded in black, I will start with the sheath dress. I've been reading everybody's 2009 wrap ups with great interest and I've found it rather inspiring. I wasn't going to do it, but I did. Here is my break down. What I'd like to know is why I never have anything to wear?

Me - 63 garments
Dresses 22
Knit tops 12
Blouses 14
Skirts 6
Jackets 4
Pants 2
Jeans 2
Shorts 1

Grant's - 15 garments
Pants 5
Shorts 3
Shirts 5
Sweatshirt 1
Trackpants 1

Gifts
Bathrobes 2
Vest 1
Bags 7

Comments

Sharon Sews said…
Wow! There was a whole lotta sewing going on in your home last year! You know, I sewed quite a few things and also asked myself why I never have anything to wear *LOL* I really need to do a SWAP.
toy said…
wow, that is a lot. you should be proud of yourself
kbenco said…
Magic fabric for sure! That is clever cutting out.
I wish I was organized enough to cut out in advance, 2 or 3 things seems to be my limit, otherwise I feel anxious about lurking UFO's. I am looking forward to seeing your outfits.
It's so true re: never having anything to wear! It doesn't seem mathematically possible but it still happens to me, particularly in cold weather.
Faye Lewis said…
63 garments, you love the craft just as much as I do. I too have nothing to wear.
What a wealth of garments, I hope that one distant day (namely one after I've finally gotten a sewing machine of my own ;D) I would love to be able to say I'd created even just half that many garments myself, too.

Wishing you endless inspiration in all that you craft and do! :)

Big hugs,
♥ Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up