Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another one ...


I made this top last night. It is Kwik Sew 3338 with the self drafted cowl neck variation that was detailed in Australian Stitches last year. I make this pattern a lot, both as a regular round neck t and also with this cowl addition. It's saved me from having to buy another pattern. I've matched the side seams as best I can, but it's hard to get it exact with a shaped side seam. The fabric is from Gorgeous Fabrics, the You Look Marvelous print and was a dream to work with. I have enough for a sleeveless top, too. I forgot to mention yesterday's fabric which is the Lady in Red Matte jersey, also from Gorgeous Fabrics. Although it's a matte, it has a slight sheen, which is beautiful. It has a lovely weight, sews perfectly and would work really well as a dress. I'm thinking of getting more for a red wrap dress.
I've got one more SWAP top to make, then it's back to the dresses. I've saved the hardest stuff till last!

5 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

There's a lovely cowl again. Very nice. I wore one of mine to work today.

Vicki said...

Nice cowl. Both red tops look great.

Sharon said...

Great top and love the cowl.

cidell said...

I lurv this print!

Kathi said...

I like this!! Too funny that we have bought so much of the same fabric!! The sweater knit from Gorgeous Fabrics is really nice - I love wearing it. In fact, I have washed it today so I can start wearing it again!!! I have gotten old - I like to wear the same things over and over again!!
We will just have to make an entire matching outfit and meet at some point!