From this very old and very soft 70's era sheet
came this shirt.
After seeing all the magnificent things that Peter has made from sheets, I thought I'd give it a go myself. I found this sheet for $1 at the op shop and as the colours blend perfectly with Grant's SWAP, I decided to make a last minute substition and make this. Buttons and thread are from stash (buttons 20c at the op shop) and as I have enough sheet left for another shirt, it was a very cost effective exercise. Thank you, Peter, for the inspiration!
When I was cutting it out this morning, I noticed this cute little label. It's a Bradmill sheet, made in Australia. The label has a B on one side and Bradmill on the other.
I decided it would make for a touch of irony if I stitched the label back into the seam, like some designers do. You can see it sticking out in the first picture.
I've also sewed the shell of my final SWAP coat, but it's late and I'm tired so you'll have to wait until tomorrow for those pics to upload.
Happy Easter to you all and NSW residents remember that daylight saving ends tonight.