Here's the small amount of sewing I have to show.
This is a beret from a Jo Sharp pattern (forgot which book) and the yarn is a Jo Sharp alpaca (also forgotten which one). I bought one ball of this yarn to test for a vest pattern that I didn't work out, so I was delighted to find a pattern that needed one ball of the exact yarn. It's rare that I actually knit something with the recommended yarn. This was a gift for my friend Jo who lives in a colder climate than me.
This is the same as the yellow cardigan I made a few posts back. This time I did not make a shawl collar. It looks better than this photo suggests. I've used a very old Bendigo Woollen Mills 5ply crepe wool that has been marinating in my stash for about 15 years.
Also on Vera under the cardigan is a green faux suede BWOF skirt that I've since binned. I loved the colour and I was sure the panels with topstitching would work, but no, it looked dreadful on me so I chucked it. I need to get to grips with what works for my shape and what doesn't.
I made this dress today. It's McCalls 5975 which is my new favourite knit dress pattern. There are so many variations I can see I will use this again and again. The fabric is something I purchased from Gorgeous Fabrics probably two years ago now. I never wear blue, so it was a surprise for me. Although I loved the print, I could never quite figure out how to use it. It's in blocks with the big black flower thing in the middle. In between are black stripes and I very nearly used those on the sleeves, but chickened out. I have enough left to make a top, so I'll experiment with that for a different look.
I've made a whole load of basic skirts and tshirts in solid colours, but as they aren't very exciting I haven't bothered to photograph them.
I have four more dresses planned for this week and if I'm lucky I might get flooded in!