Some sewing going on

In the order I sewed them;


Burdastyle shorts downloaded free from the website about three years ago. I've made them about six times now and have no idea of the name or number but I love these shorts. The flat front style with the buttoned sides is very flattering. These are made from remnants. It's a printed drill that was leftover from a christmas present last year. Buttons and black drill from stash: another 'free' garment!

M5974 again but I've forgotten which view this is. I bought this border print knit a year ago and the border confused me every time I laid the fabric up to cut out. I cut the borders off, laid the fabric up on the table and then I had a better idea of what I wanted to do. I sewed the borders together to make the sash. I've already worn this with a red belt.


This is KS3633 which I bought to knock off something I will show you later in the week. This is part of a travel wardrobe I'm in the process of making. The fabric is way nicer than it looks in this shot.

I had enough left to make another 3/4 sleeve t shirt. Another 'free' garment! I probably won't include this in my travel wardrobe as I don't want two similar garments clogging up my luggage.


This is another part of my travel collection. It's BWOF 03-10-126. It's not hemmed as I ran out of thread and I am presently flooded in as it has been raining non-stop for about three days so I can't get out to buy more. I'm not sure about this style yet as I don't normally wear things like this, but I'm sure it will be comfortable for long flights.

I may be unable to get to work tomorrow unless it stops raining overnight, so there may well be more to see tomorrow!

Comments

kbenco said…
Wow, busy, busy. I love the shorts - are they the Ruby shorts perhaps? The dresses are very cool also, how clever to cut off the border print so that the layout would behave - the border makes a terrific belt.
Victoria said…
Wow, you have been BUSY!!! I (as usual) love everything you made---especially the b/w McCall dress!!! Have fun completing your travel wardrobe:)
Sharon said…
Love the two dresses and thanks for the tip about the border print as I get stuck with this as well. I really like your tops as well and free garments are such a good feeling.

Okay you are going to the Northern Hemisphere with those long sleeves, can't wait to hear about your travel wardrobe as I need one for February/March next year.
Gail said…
You are such a busy girl when it rains. Hope you are not flooded in. I love the black and orange striped fabric.
Sheila said…
Lovely garments and love the b/w dress and the border print for the sash.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up