Emergency sewing ...

Despite eating constantly, consuming large quantities of wine and not going to the gym for six weeks, I am still too skinny for the few clothes I have with me. With the weather cooling and no immediate arrival of my belongings from Hobart, I needed some clothes.

I started with this one which is an amalgam of BWOF 02-13-127 top and BWOF 02-13-128 dress without the ruffle down the front. I made the 36.  The fabric is a cheap poly knit I bought the other day for $6 a metre at Spotlight.  Now, I know I've not had many good things to say about Spotlight in Hobart, but let me tell you that Spotlight Lismore is a whole nother story! This is more purple than it appears in this shot and there is a single row of brown that I've placed at empire line for effect.

Also made from another $6 a metre poly knit is this version of V8825.  I chopped about 8 inches off so it's only a little longer than the tunic version.  When I read the reviews on Pattern Review, someone (sorry don't recall who) mentioned they thought this dress had a 70's vibe and I agree.  I thought this fabric had a 70's vibe, too, so I combined them.  I thought a 70's dress needed to be suitably short as well.  I can't tell you how much I love this dress! I can't wait to wear it.

Now that I seem to be getting  back to the real world, I may just have to tell the tale of my return home, complete with sewing pictures!

Comments

Summer Flies said…
Oh I do love the '70's dress too. Very cleve with the brown stripe on the other one. Can't wait to hear your return home story. Funny i eat and not go to the gym too and stay the same weight... wonder why!
Marie said…
Both dresses are fabulous. I am going to try the first dress pattern sometime too - I love my top in this pattern.
Faye Lewis said…
Love both pieces the fabric is so nice. Glad to see you posting.
Sharon said…
2 gorgeous dresses and love the 70's vibe one. Try banana smoothies and some mini apple muffins (separately) they worked a treat for me.
Sheila said…
Pretty dresses and hope you get your belongings soon.
Gail said…
Just love the wrap dress! Hope you are ok and that you settle back home quickly.
Your fabric matchup for V8825 is spot on! Love the way it looks in that print. Aren't knit dresses great for whipping up on an emergency basis?
Unknown said…
I love your blog, I've nominated you for an award.
http://melodysews.blogspot.com/2013/06/liebster-award-thank-you-for-nominating.html
Anonymous said…
I cannot believe that after all of that you are still thin. You are so lucky. I am not a huge fan of the second dress. I think it is the pattern that I just can’t fall in love with but all the other patterns look great.


PhD by Publication Programs
Faye Lewis said…
CAROL, I really truly virtually miss you!
Anonymous said…
Wow! Lovely fabric and I really need to make up that pattern (grading it has been putting me off XD). Those fabrics would also make great leggings!
Summer Flies said…
Hey Carol, I hope you have a good festive season and hope you are well.
Sheila said…
Just checking in.... Hoping all is Well.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up