Shetland Collection: Nearing the End

Although I have so many more garments I want to make for this collection, I have more than enough to travel with.  I just looked at the rules for this years SWAP and I realise that a lot of the things I had planned for the Shetland Collection, along with things that match but wouldn't work for this trip, will form the basis of a SWAP, so I will leave them for that.

I had a short break in New Zealand last week, so some of the garments shown have been finished for a while now.

This coat is BWOF 10-07-119 and is shown here sans buttons, which have since been added.  I've had this fabric in my stash for a few years now and in my mind it was charcoal, but when I pulled it out it was more brownish than I recalled.  C'est la vie.  I love this coat and although it's out of the colour range of the Shetland Collection I don't think anyone will notice!


It looks a little shapeless on a naked Vera.  When I wear this it will have several layers underneath (and I have more padding than Vera to start with) so it won't look so shapeless.
 
The buttons don't show so well here but they are black and brown and work perfectly with this fabric.  I didn't have anything in my stash so I visited the local store not expecting to find anything but there they were ... and only 60c each!
 
The lining is an animal print I've had in my stash for some years and it is perfect with the fabric.  Overall, I would go so far as to say this coat is one of the best things I've ever made.
 
Next up is my version of the Cake Patterns Espresso leggings.  I love, love, love this pattern! No side seam and custom drafted to cover my rear end!  The fabric came from Spotlight off the $3 per metre sale about a year or so ago.  Wish I'd bought more!  I only bought 2 metres but managed to get these leggings and another top I have yet to photograph.

 
Apologies for the bad mirror shot in my bathroom but as Molly as no opposable thumbs, she can't quite manage the camera. Perhaps I should have taken my socks off.  They look a little grubby.

 
More soon!

Comments

Jenny said…
Your coat is looking incredible! Very impressive.
Faye Lewis said…
Honey that coat is GORGEOUS! Love the tab at the cuff and the lining. Hadn't even noticed the socks, too busy looking at the great looking leggings.
Absolutely fabulous coat! Wish I could steal it. It's amazing, looks wonderful, love the fabric, the lining, and the buttons, not to mention the workmanship. Good job!
Summer Flies said…
Your coat is fantastic. I love the shape and that great collar. The legging pattern always gets great reviews.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up