Next up was the Coffee Date Dress from Burdastyle. I made this from a piece of quilting cotton I bought on sale somewhere. It's been hanging around in my sewing room and finally suggested that it would like to be this dress. It's hard to tell from this picture, but it is brown, white and orange flowers. On it's own it's a little ... old fashioned ... but funked up with this orange belt it looks better.
If I wear these orange shoes with it, I think it will look even better.
Here's a closer view of the ruffle on the front.
This is not part of the SWAP, but I have found that a new theme is emerging ... Chocolate Orange. I've cut out an orange dress, I've made an orange skirt and a brown top, so now I'm looking to tie them all together for the upcoming autumn season, such that it is in the subtropics!
I just need to figure out two more tops, make a skirt and a pair of pants and finish the wretched jacket and my SWAP will be done!!!! I just need to stop adding other projects to my list for a while ...