Flooded in again ...

In an unseasonal downpour I find myself flooded in. You would think I would be sewing but, no, I'm not. I spent several hours watching episodes of Jeeves and Wooster on DVD before finally coercing Grant into taking his SWAP pictures, which will be seen in the fullness of time.

I did, however, sew last weekend although only one garment as we had a family lunch on Sunday that took over my day. To wear to that lunch I made this dress.



It's my TNT sheath based on Vogue 8146. I squeezed this out of a generous yard and as you can see from the picture, there was very little fabric left.
I have many things cut out and I will be doing some more sewing later in the week but today I don't have the focus for it.
On Sunday after the family lunch I stopped into Fantazia Fabricland in Tweed Heads and made some random purchases that have made me wonder what was going on in my head at the time. I purchased a crimson burnout fabric that I have no idea what to do with, a leopard print that I like a lot and can only see made up into a cliched safari style dress and a strange orange, yellow and brown stretch cotton. I have purchased some lusciois caramel and beige rayon knit that I can't wait to wear. Maybe I should go down to my sewing room after all ...

Comments

Gail said…
I love that you just whip up a dress to wear to lunch. laughed and shared the sentiments about 'what was I thinking' fabric purchases.
Anonymous said…
Yes, lucky you, to just be able to whip up a dress!! It is gorgeous.
Karin van Dam said…
What a great and original dress, nice!

Haha, the fabric choices we make now and then. I wonder what it would say about it if we would let a psychologist try to decipher the meanings ;-)
Vicki said…
Nice dress! I like the fabric and your new purchases sound interesting too.
cidell said…
HA! I have this fabric too! It's so cute!!!
gwensews said…
No kidding-whip up a dress for lunch? It's stunning!
kbenco said…
Truly gorgeous dress. You are clever.
It is good that you have your bloke SWAP photos done. I am totally exhausted after a photo marathon with my compliant and clothes-interested daughter, I cannot imagine trying such a thing with my headless photo only husband!
I am sure you will find something insteresting to make with your fabric, even the stuff that was not entirely a conscious and rational choice :).
Sheila said…
I am totally drooling over your dress... love the color bands... gorgeous.
Me too! Have the same fabric but I never thought of turning it that way...mmmmm! Your dress is lovely btw!
Kathi said…
I like that dress - very cute!!

Popular posts from this blog

Popping up