Another SWAP item

This is the other item I made from the swirly green chiffon. It's the dress from Vogue 1100 wardrobe pattern. I didn't pay attention to the pattern so I folded my pleats the wrong way, but I still like the way they look. I underlined this whole dress in a cream coloured voile and used french seams throughout. I even got a near perfect finish on the zipper and facing at the back. I used a slightly different technique than I've used before and it sits much better.
Here is the BWOF top on me, for kbenco. The plunge is typically Burda in that it actually drops about 2 inches lower than you can see in this picture (bad self picture taken at 6am). It's worked out OK because the ruffles cover up my cleavage, but if you make this and are at all worried I would recommend raising the neckline a bit. I am considering making this without the ruffles because I like the shape of the top. In that case I will definitely raise the neckline!
You can't see in this picture, of course, but I teamed the top with a high waisted chocolate brown pencil skirt and it's a really flattering outfit. I'm a little weight sensitive at the moment as I am still unable to train and I worked so hard on my muscle definition ... I'll have to start all over again.

Next up will probably be some bottoms. I have a stunning denimish look fabric with a sheen that I bought from Gorgeous Fabrics that is screaming at me to become a skirt. It's funny how fate works because I had originally selected the black version of this same fabric and by the time my order was being filled, there was only brown left. Before I even set eyes on the fabric, an image came into my mind and so I think that needs to be next!

Comments

Steph said…
What a gorgeous use of fabric! It's so satisfying to make a thoroughly beautiful garment, even if you and the blogosphere are the only ones who know.

I like the burda. I made this a few months ago, but had such a ridiculous time with the ruffles and ran out of fabric... I'm contemplating a new one of pale blue radiance. Yours is perfection. (Also I heart chocolate brown as a neutral.)
sewing spots said…
I totally love the dress! Your SWAP is going to be marvelous.
Sharon said…
Love the dress and only you will know that the pleats are the wrong way.

Your blouse looks very good, thanks for sharing.
Gail said…
You really are doing a green thing aren't you. Love the dress and the blouse. That blouse is in my collection - I love the ruffles and the versatility of wearing it tucked in or out over trousers.
SUCH great pieces. I would wear both of them in a heartbeat, so it's a good thing you're too far away for me to come steal them!
That dress is just fabulous! I love the print you used!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up