First garment 0f 2011



This is BWOF 04-10-111 tulip skirt. I don't love it, but I don't hate it and it is perfect for this too humid weather. I wore it work yesterday and it was cool and comfortable. This is made from a stretch cotton I bought at Tweed Heads a few months ago and never really knew what to do with. I cut a straight size 38, but it's a little loose in the waist, which suprised me as I have gotten FAT since my holiday (and an injury that has kept me from training for 6 weeks, but I won't bore you with that).
I also won't bore you with end of year wrap up; suffice it to say that I was surprised to find that I had made 59 garments in 2010 (why don't I have anything to wear?).
I was also surprised to find that I got a Credit for my first semester of study when I handed in a less than stellar essay, didn't complete three full essays in my exam and struggled to keep up with the weekly MCQs. I thought I'd be lucky to get a Pass. Maybe 2011 will be a better year ...

Comments

Adrienne said…
Very pretty! I love the fabric!
sewing spots said…
Neat pattern! Congrats on the studies...you just never know. Keep up the hard work.
Sharon said…
Great skirt the pattern is stunning.

Congratulations on the study, and 2011 is looking good.
Steph said…
59 garments? Nice. I thought to figure all that out (how do people keep track of their yardages, yikes!) but the idea made me feel like I should lie down.

I read an article lately that recommended making sure each new piece would co-ordinate with 5 other pieces in your existing wardrobe. I'm hoping that will help me feel like I have something to wear..?
Gail said…
Well done on your Uni achievements. Your sewing is off to good start this year. Like you I have a lot of clothes but often feel that they don't coordinate well. So I'm working on building a cohesive wardrobe...even borrowed a fashion design textbook from the library to look at the theory side of putting a collection together.
Faye Lewis said…
Your projects always look so professionally done.
cidell said…
I love everything about this print. I haven't tried these skirts yet with a lot of fullness.
Vera Charles said…
59!!!! And not a Kaftan among them!!! XOXOXOXOXO and two more X's
V

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up