More free skirts

These two skirts come from my TNT pencil skirt pattern, which started life as a Burda but I can't remember the number.  It has a knit coat that goes with it and dates from the early 90's.  I've lost count of the number of times I've made this pattern now.
The first one is a made from a piece of wide wale corduroy that was leftover from an op shop 60's armchair I recovered about 14 years ago.  The chair is long gone, but this fabric hung around and is finally converted into something useful.  It's lined with a leftover bit of gold satin that I think was used to line a jacket a long time ago.

The second is another piece of wide wale corduroy that I bought at the op shop for 50c.  It's lined with a piece of leftover black bemberg.  Both skirts use zips that came from the op shop, too.  I would say, by the  packaging, that they date to the 70's and they cost 20c each.  I didn't have enough fabric to cut the waistband, so I taped the top and sewed the lining as a facing.

This afternoon I decided to start work on a gift I'm making for a friend and I got the fabric out to make sure I have enough to make what I want to make.  When I turned around to get the pattern, Molly decided to help.

SWAP finishes officially tomorrow, so my task this week is to photograph my entry.  That's harder than the sewing!

Comments

Sharon said…
Great skirts, they will work hard this winter. So Mollie decided the fabric was warmer than the floor, looks like she wants a new bed :)
Sharon said…
Oops, meant to say I've finished my SWAP and agree with you thinking about all those photos makes me faint.
Dahra said…
Those skirts look really nice. Great fabric and colours for winter too.
Ann Made Studio said…
Very nice skirts and what a great sewing room helper :)

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up