I managed a 7 and an 8 ...

When your dog wakes you at 6am on a Sunday what else is there to do but sew? I was hoping to get another top in this weekend, but I surprised myself with two. Considering I didn't start until 9.30 and I was done by 2pm, I'm pretty pleased with myself. The fabric is a deliciously soft poly/rayon (I think) that I bought at Gorgeous Fabrics last year. I bought it at a time when I was obsessed with black and brown together, so it slots right into my wardrobe.
The first is the wonderful BWOF 08-08-118 tunic. I made one of these a few years ago and I wear it all the time, so I don't know why I haven't made another. I wear it with footless tights and sandals in warmer weather and over a long sleeve tshirt with leggings, over-knee boots and a long cardigan in winter. It's a really versatile style.
Somehow I managed to cut two garments from two yards of fabric. I had enough to squeeze out another TNT from KS3338.
So, now I've Started at the Top, I guess I need to make some bottoms ...

Comments

Summer Flies said…
Oh wow you are a sewing machine! You are just so productive lately! Love all your new tops!
Sharon said…
Great tunic and top, you have had a very productive day.

Thankfully Roscoe only jumps on the bed when the alarm goes off, turned off on Sunday, so we get to sleep in.
kbenco said…
I love that fabric, black and brown look very smart together IMO. Your tops look great, most efficient sewing and fabric use!
velosews said…
Mmm. Nice fabric. I like how you've used it as well.
Goodness, I would have rolled over in bed and cursed the birds...but still refused to get up. You made much better use of your time! Great tops, and I hope you feel smug for squeezing both of them out of your fabric.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up