Shetland SWAP

As I never really finished sewing the Shetland Collection before I left, I have decided I can continue the theme and make a SWAP with the fabrics and patterns I have left.  I have no real plan as such, other than knowing I need at least three bottoms and five tops.

With that thought in mind, I present two garments which may or may not be part of my SWAP.

First up is a peplum top that is Burda but I can't remember the issue or the pattern number and can't be bothered to look for it.  If you have the magazine, it was on the cover and made in bright yellow.

I made this from leftover knit and the pattern was for a woven, so I had to take it in quite a bit to make it fit.  It looks pretty ordinary on Vera but it looks good on a human.  You may recognise the fabric from a pair of leggings I made last year.






Second up is BWOF 08-11-121.  I really like this skirt.  I've made patterns with a gathered insert in the middle before and was always disappointed that the middle bit hung down in drapes.  This pattern, very sensibly, has the knit part about 1cm narrower than the section underneath, so it stretches and stays taut when you wear it.  You may recognise the fabrics from my jeans and a top from the Shetland Collection. Of course, I have added my labels and it still gives me a little thrill to put these in.

The best thing about both of these garments is that they were made from leftovers, including the skirt lining, so they are essentially free garments and that makes me very happy.

I have no idea what is up next on my sewing calendar.  I might just have to lay out some fabric and stare at it for a while tonight.



Comments

Sharon said…
Hope you had a great trip. Interesting peplum top and the skirt looks great as well.
Anonymous said…
Thats two of my favourite Burda patterns! Looking very good. I'm yet to make the skirt with the gathered insert, but your version is making me think I should.
Sheila said…
Love both garments and its always a thrill to sew from your stash or leftover fabrics.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up