The final piece of the SWAP puzzle...

I promise you this does look better on me than on Vera.  It hangs like a misshapen sack, but it looks good on, or at least I think so.

It's Kwik Sew 3334, which I've made a couple of times over the years.  I like the shorter, fitted shape and I love the rounded shawl collar.  This kind of jacket is great for my face shape and I chose it for this collection as I think the higher collar tops sit nicely under it and the shape of the neckline matches those on the top and dresses.

For a pop of colour and to add some weight to the body, I lined it with leftover geometric print from the dress.  I had hoped to have enough for another top but there was barely enough to do this.

So that's another 11 piece SWAP collection added to my wardrobe and I've even worn some of the pieces already.  I am absolutely thrilled with these garments and I think this is the most cohesive collection I have ever made, which is pretty good considering I didn't plan it, didn't think I'd take part this year and made it up as I went along!  For the first time, there is not one garment that will languish, as there has been in other SWAPs I've sewn.  Perhaps I've been overthinking it all these years!

Comments

Faye Lewis said…
Completing the swap is quite an accomplishment!!! Bravo!
Sharon said…
Woo hoo you did it and now I can't wait to see it all together.

Your latest jacket looks very smart, I am another fan of the shawl collar.
Summer Flies said…
Fantastic collection. I love the grey with the hot pink - it's just perfect. Can't wait to see it on.
Anonymous said…
There is no way those girls could not be amazed with what you have done. They are very stylish. I am partial to the dress myself. Awesome clothing pre-production.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up