My July sewing is progressing nicely. Here's what I've achieved so far.
This is the Vogue 8409 dress nearly completed, save for the hem which will be sewn tonight whilst watching television. It's been a really easy pattern to construct, even with the addition of a self drafted lining. I put in a regular zipper, but then took it out and put in an invsible one. Much better that way. I only lined the front of the bodice and the skirt, not the back of the bodice. I'm not sure why I decided to do that, but it works fine. Depending on what I make it out of next time, I may do the same again or I may line it. The cuffs need extra handstitching. This has been the only time I found myself frustrated by the microfibre. Otherwise, it's been a dream.
Here is the other thing I've worked on this weekend. The chenille knit long cardigan dress thing. It looks like a sack on Vera, but it actually looks quite nice on with a wide crocodile belt and my brown and caramel FMHFM boots. This is from a vintage pattern, the manufacturer and number of which I have forgotten in the time it took me to walk upstairs from my sewing room to the computer room.
I hope to have a pair of hotpants made soon to go with this, although I don't have a pattern in mind.
Next up is BWOF 1/2008 116 from this golden brown paisley jersey as modelled here by Vera.
I'll be cutting this out and have some progress shots in the next day or two.