I made this dress last weekend and it has hung on Vera all week as I wrestled with the closure issue. This is BWOF 01-08-121 and I'm disappointed that you can no longer access the BWOF archives for the line drawings.
The reason this was unnecessarily complicated is that although this is essentially a wrap dress, it requires an open end zip to keep it closed. I used a stretch cotton, so I needed to stabilise the fabric under the zipper. I used a length of cotton tape on the inside. On the right side, the zip attaches under the facing, which pulled the facing out, so I had to stitch the facing down. The facing itself was an issue as it really isn't wide enough. If you make this dress, I would suggest either widening the facing or completly lining the dress. I ended up retro inserting a lining to the fronts only. As usual, the pictures in the magazine don't give much clue to how this dress actually sits, so I made it sit how I like it best and this is it. It had a self fabric tie belt in the magazine, but I intend to make a black obi belt from an old pattern I have. In the meantime, I used this black belt to see how it looked. I really like this dress, which is odd because I didn't really like this fabric and I was beginning to wonder why I bought it - now I'm glad I did!
Here's a shot of the last dress on me. You can't see the detail I wanted to show, but you get a really good look at my iron and Molly. I've got to work on this photography business ...
There's a christmas dress half made you might get to see tomorrow.