Another dress


This is BWOF 05-11-128 dress and unfortunately you can't see any of the lovely details. It has a lovely rounded collar, a nice wide neckline, a side zip and a blouson back just like the last dress. I really didn't think I would like this style, but it looks great on and is very comfortable to wear. I didn't line it because I couldn't figure out how to line the top - I would have needed to draft a lining pattern for the back because I didn't want a blouson lining as it would be too bulky. I was too lazy.
The fabric is a cotton print bought at Spotlight. They have it in a paler colourway as well, but this darker one really caught my eye. I thought the vague retro feel suited this 50's inspired dress. I may or may not wear it with a belt and I can't decide on what shoes to wear with it.
Next up another dress and a jacket.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is a gorgeous dress, I've eyed that fabric myself. :)

Can't wait to see it on you.

I'd probably wear black leather kitten heels or aqua ballet flats.

My shoe sense is limited.
Mary Nanna said…
I also love this pattern and it was in my never ending "please make me" list - now seeing yours I'm going to bump it up in the queue.
Gail said…
Like Mary Nanna, I'd spotted the pattern too. Low down the list though. The floral print is perfect for it.
Anonymous said…
Lovely dress and great fabric choice. Yay for Spotlight having something lovely!

I'd wear black strappy sandals or peep toe red or green heels.

I'd love to see both these blouson back dresses on you. Both styles appeal to me but I've wondered if it might just look like something is untucked at the back. Sounds like they look fabulous instead!

-Sewingelle

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up