SWAP 2010 & November Tops

I've joined Faye's November Month of Tops Sewalong. As coincidence would have it, I read Faye's post about sewing tops the very day I had just removed at least 15 unwanted blouses and tops from my wardrobe, leaving a plethora of empty hangers and a dearth of things to wear.

I've been shuffling fabrics and patterns around, trying to sort out things to make for SWAP this year. I came across a lovely piece of black linen that I have no recollection of buying, although I think I know where I got it from. It's a beautiful weight and absolutely perfect for the subtropics. I did have a different pattern in mind, but then I discovered this one, which really appeals to me. Considering that I don't actually like ruffles, that's a bit of a surprise to me. I've decided to make the sleeveless version, but add the ruffle. I've decided to put the black linen aside for SWAP and make this out of a light cotton with orange and brown spots. I think this will be revisited a few times this summer.

I'm putting the black linen on hold until SWAP time.
There are several options for SWAP this year and I have chosen Option 3
5 dresses
4 tops
1 bottom
1 garment of your choice and I choose a coat
Of these 11 garments, one must be a matched print or stripe, one must feature embroidery or beads etc and one must have buttons as the feature or unusual/alternative closure.
My black linen blouse will feature some bold red and black buttons and perhaps red piping. I haven't finalised many of the patterns for SWAP, although my coat will be made from an Enid Gilchrist pattern drafted from the book I mentioned last post.
I aim to knock out three tops this weekend. I'll let you know how that goes ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up