SWAP periphery

This is BWOF 01-08-108 that I've made about 6 times now. I love this pattern. I love the shape of the collar. There is another version in the magazine, which is think is 107, that has a long sleeve without the gathers and a wider nehru style collar which I have made several times as well. It's a great fit for my shape and has a lovely feminine feel.
This piece of fabric is one that I pulled from stash with a view to possibly using it in my SWAP. It's a sheer voile broderie anglaise with lavender flowers and spots. It's been maturing in my stash for about 8 years now and is something that I've often wondered why I ever bought; I'm still not sure I even like it. I've taken a closer shot to show the embroidery but the colour doesn't show very well.
I doubt that I will sew broderie anglaise again as it was a pain in the neck. I want to make a lavender tie to wear with this as in the Burda shot. I am undecided as to whether I will include this in my SWAP, but this will be fun with jeans, although it needs a cami as it's totally see-through!
I have about five things on the go at the moment and my christmas sewing is sadly slow as I have been plain old bone lazy.

Comments

kbenco said…
That is such a nice blouse. I am having a big tracing week after Christmas, as a lovely present to myself, and this blouse is top of the list.
Sharon said…
Very pretty and with a purple skirt?
Faye Lewis said…
What a nice classic blouse. Love your color.
Pretty! I love the delicate color and the sheer factor. I should make this blouse again.
HeathersSphere said…
Such a pretty blouse!

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up