I've got an outfit!


I was worried about the lavender skirt and jacket looking too 'Mother of the Bride' when I'd really been aiming at 'Jackie Kennedy'. This fabric is one of the four pieces I bought at Spotlight when I only wanted a zipper. Sadly, it doesn't photograph too well. It's a poly satin and the colours are way more vibrant than this picture shows. I think this lifts the outfit.
I made it into this top from V1127. I've made the skirt before, but it was a wadder. The pattern runs very large, as all the reviews will tell you. The skirt didn't work for me because it sits very low on the hips and I have a definite waist. I haven't made the jacket, but there are plenty of reviews out there that tell of the fitting issues. I normally wear a size 10 in Vogue patterns, but knowing the size issue with this pattern, I cut a 6 for the top. In addition, I halved the height of the collar and halved the length and width of the ties. I really didn't want a big bow or long ties because I knew the would annoy me.
Here it is with the skirt and with the jacket.
It looks so much better in real life than I can photograph with my cheap camera. I'm now on the hunt for a pair of lime green shoes to wear with this outfit.
I'm not sure what is next, but I think it may be a dress. I have a nice black wool with a lavender pinstripe ...

Comments

prttynpnk said…
Ok I just love this. The juxtaposition of the demure. Early 60'so with the pow of the vibrant top. Love it!
Janine said…
I love the colours of this satin - It took me a little while to work out it had skulls and crossbones so I suspect this outfit won`t look like mother -of -the -bride at all - unless you start a new trend.
Karin said…
I love the unexpected print on the satin! It's fun and a little cheeky.
Sheila said…
Lovely suit and the blouse is perfect for it.
Debi said…
FABULOUS suit! I just love it!!!
This is just awesome! Love the fabric color and print combo. You are off to a great start on your SWAP!
Mary Nanna said…
... way more vibrant in real life! It looks really really vibrant from here - I can totally see that working with the shoes you have planned. And when you are wearing your gorgeous outfit don't worry about posting it because I am sure if I look out my bedroom window I can see it from here!
Sharon said…
Perfect top and love the colours and print. Fantastic start to your SWAP.
kbenco said…
That crazy print worn with your demure suit is so un-mother-of-the-bride! I love it, so much fun. I hope you find the perfect shoes.
Jane M said…
This combination is so fantastic, chic but not boring. Fabulous!
Stephanie said…
Looks great! That fabric is really cool.
Love the outfit! The bright print blouse definitely takes it outside Mother of the Bride territory.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up