But wait, there's more ...

Here's some more of my christmas gift sewing. This is a small clutch from a free pattern I downloaded from the Kwik Sew website this afternoon. It's so easy and quick to make.It goes with this bag which I made up in a hurry to fit these handles and hoped it would work out. It's not great, but it's OK. This is very hard to press curtain fabric. This is a halter top made from a Kwik Sew pattern I've had for a long time. Can't remember the number. This is all made from leftovers.

This is a slightly larger version of the same Kwik Sew clutch. I should've photographed the inside as it's lined with a really nice red satin.


This vintage pattern just happens to perfectly fit my brother-in-law, he of the unfortunate crotch placement fame.
So I made this vest for him. This is the only gift that is actually a request. He wanted a yellow vest, so he got a yellow vest. The piece of fantastic wool cost me 50c at the op shop about 5 years ago, the dark grey lining is from stash and I don't even remember buying it. I have a lot left. The buttons were purchased for a jacket earlier in the year and then I changed my mind. I would have to say that this goes close to being my favourite garment this year. The checks match, my understitching is even and the wool sits perfectly on the body. You can't tell from this picture but I cut the welt pocket on the bias.
The one thing I forgot to photograph is a pale blue shirt I made for DH's dad. I'll try and get a snap on christmas day as it has some really nice buttons I bought at the op shop for 20c and they make what is an otherwise plain blue shirt look something else.
Safe and happy christmas season to you all. I'm off to start the cooking now, I've been nominated to make dessert for 25 people!!!







Comments

gwensews said…
That is a lot of gift sewing--wow! You are WOMAN!
Sharon said…
Awesome collection of gifts.

Wishing you a great Christmas and New Year.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up