Can you see the difference ...

This is version one

This is version two

Can you see the difference? If you can, which do you prefer? It's going to become this dress.


I know it's hard to tell from a photo and your monitor may show a very different colour. The fabric is silk chiffon that I bought about 7 years ago purely because I love the colours. At that time I never actually thought I would sew in chiffon, so I never expected to actually use this fabric. Faced with my staff christmas function, which is a visit to the races at the Gold Coast, travelling on this bus from Mullumbimby (yes I live in the hippy capital of Australia), I knew I needed a bright new dress to wear. The pink is a dark crimson and the green a deep olive.
Here is the lining used in the first shot

This is the lining used in the second shot.I'm unsure which I prefer and I'm unsure about accessories. I have found a good match for the pink, but I think maybe I'm a little old to dress like a lolly. I've seen a few olive shoes and I have a pair that will work in a pinch. I also have a ridiculous pair of silver shoes that will work if I don't find anything else. I have an olive bag and I actually have a large pink and green straw bag that matches. I even have the perfect olive sun hat.

Any thoughts would be welcome.



Comments

Sheila said…
The fabric is beautiful and great color combo. The first shoe is fierce - not sure about the silver ones. Also I like the pink lining.
Ann Made Studio said…
On my monitor there is not allot of difference however enough to show that the 2nd version is brighter. The pink lining makes the color really standout and it appears to be sharper. Awesome shoes.
Sharon said…
I prefer the pink lining and the olive accessories.
Gail said…
Oh lets be contrary. I prefer the olive lining and the more muted fabric. I'd accessorise with bronze or gold - which is much more neutral than you might think.
Gail said…
Duh. Silly me didn't see you already had shoes picked out. Those silver shoes are awesome.
Barbara said…
I would go with the pink even with silver shoes. And add silver jewelry.
Faye Lewis said…
I really like the first one. Another summer dress - still can't believe that it's summer on the other side of the world. I just can't wrap my mind around it because I LOVE summer so much and it seems so far away.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING! I still have tops on the brain, and will no doubt have several coming up real soon. I look forward to having you join me again for tops in April.
kbenco said…
Carol you cannot be subdued in that bus. :)). I like the pink lining.
laura said…
My first inclination was to go with the pink lining, but in retrospect I think it would actually be 'hotter' in a more subtle way with the silverish lining. Use the silver shoes too and then get some fun jewelry. You're not too old for this either!!! I wore a red satin Jessica McClintock cocktail dress to my fiance's brother's 50th birthday party and I think I was 48 at the time. Have fun!!!
Cennetta said…
Yes I can see the difference. The first is more green the second. I like the second one for the dress. Cute.
Faye Lewis said…
IT NEVER FAILS!!! As soon as I try to fit something the phone rings. I hate to complain because the people who call love me.
kanishk said…
prefer the pink lining and the olive accessories.

Work from home India

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up