More bloke sewing ...

These shorts are made from a Kwik Sew jeans pattern KS3504. I've made this pattern before so I know it fits. This time I've made shorts, so I just cut the pattern off. When DH gets home I'll get him to try them on so I can where to hem them. This is lovely chocolate brown denim from Gorgeous Fabrics and you will see full length jeans in the same fabric later on in the SWAP.I topstitched in the gold I used to make yesterdays shirt because it seemed to match. What I forgot to photograph is the pockets and fly shield which are in the same fabric as yesterdays shirt also. There was no design on the pockets so I made one up. I'm sure he'll find something about these pants he doesn't like ... he always does.
I'm rather pleased, though. I even used my second machine today. I had one loaded with the twin needle and topstitch thread and the other with the sewing up thread. It worked well, but I think I'll have to leave a pin holder and clippers at each machine in future to avoid looking around for them all the time. More soon.

Comments

Very sharp looking shorts. Hopefully he'll like them!
Sharon said…
Great looking shorts and shirt.
Ann Made Studio said…
Very nice looking shorts. I have that pattern but have not made it up yet. I like the looks of them I'm anxious to work on them now.

I have snippers,pin holders and a ruler gauge at each machine. It does make a difference :)
gwensews said…
You're making hubby a terrific new wardrobe. Nice shorts!
Sherena said…
Love the shorts, might try a pair for my husband and see if he likes them

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up