Shetland Collection: More ambivalence and some boring sewing.

 
In a ridiculous moment of self-deception, I managed to convince myself that this was the right skirt to make.  It fails on two levels.  Winter white?? On me??  Then there is the style.  I have a waist and hips, wrap ANYTHING does NOT work for me.

 
For those less curvy, this pattern is BWOF 09-2011-110 and it's a lovely little skirt made from a piece of lovely winter white wool.  The pattern calls for a facing but given the coarse nature of this wool, I knew it would be irritating so I lined it edge to edge with some leftover white bemberg.  I'm happy with the skirt but it just doesn't work on my curvy body.

 
 
Feeling slightly disillusioned, I went on to make some palate cleansing knit tops, which aren't very exciting at all, but will be useful.
 
This first one is BWOF 02-2013-127 which I've previously made as a dress (I think that was style 128 but with long sleeves??)
 
 
I like the gathers on the sleeve seam.  It's a nice little difference on a basic long sleeve tshirt.


This one is BWOF 09-2012-130 and whilst it's not my favourite knit top, come winter I will be glad of something a little different to my usual plain long sleeve t!
 
This shows the gathers on the side, which I rather like.  The fabric is kinda cute.  I've yet to read it to see what it actually says! It's a really soft and drapey rayon knit and will be lovely to wear.



Comments

Vicki said…
Both of these tops are really nice. Not so boring at all.
Robyn said…
Such a shame about the skirt - I hope you've got a lucky friend you can pass it on to. The tops look great though - funny how sometimes you need to make something successful before you can move on to your next project.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up